Start Your Psychological Healing with Me
Welcome to the first step of your journey to flourishing mental health with me. I look forward to supporting you while you explore, reflect, and find the ideal self you would like to become psychologically, physically, and spiritually.
I believe in a world where people achieve flourishing mental health. To do so, I am helping individuals one at a time to gain more control of their lives and to become versions of themselves they envision. What makes me different than other providers of mental-health services are three core features:
1) I strive to motivate you to learn the materials we work on in sessions actively, to enhance the awareness of psychology perspectives and concepts in your daily life, and to relish in the experience while applying them in the real world. Therapy can be fun with me!
2) I encourage you to share your psychological burden with me and to trust me to be there for you every step of the way. You chose me for a reason so trust me to help you!
3) I grow and learn with you: I often find myself smiling and laughing rather than emotionally burnt out after what many would consider to be a long day’s worth of sessions and attribute it to my enjoyment of spending time supporting you and all of my other clients. Trust me – you want someone who genuinely loves seeing you too!
How I Can Help
Individual counselling and therapy provide benefits such as self-empowerment, enhanced personal insight, growth & understanding, as well as a reduction of symptoms to improve relationships and improve a sense of well-being.
I provide a confidential and emotionally-safe space where you are free to explore your feelings, thoughts, and behaviors with me on issues such as:
- Abuse (Emotional, Physical, Sexual)
- Chronic Pain
- Domestic Violence
- Family Conflicts
- Gender Identity/Sexuality
- Grief & Loss
- Personal Growth
Couples’ & Family Therapy
Couples’ and Family Therapy can help you to strengthen the emotional connection with your partner and family by building a deeper understanding and connection in your relationships with greater empathy, trust, commitment, and affection/love.
Allow me to be a facilitator for you and your partner/family as you work on areas such as:
- Behavioral & Conduct Problems
- Issues of Trust
- Intimacy (Emotional and Sexual)
- Parenting Challenges
- Parent-Child Relationships
- Separation, Divorce, and Remarriage
Workshops, Presentations & Group Therapy
I offer a range of programs and services in support of mental health in the community – from workshops to training sessions and group therapy to teach companies and individuals to cope with stress and mental-health struggles.
Sample topics I present on include:
- Parenting Workshops
- Positive Coping Strategies
- Workplace Bullying and Harassment
Direct billing of third-party providers (CVAP, FNHA, & ICBC) are accepted
All Services can be offered in English or Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese)
What Clients Say
“Julie was able to use different approaches to show us how to communicate effectively with our children. She was clear and easy-to-understand.”— Parenting Workshop Attendant
“Julie is very nice and personable. I have recommended her to my friends.”— Client from Medical-Clinic Referral
-The Georgia Straight
Parenting Workshop: For families with elementary-aged children (March 2021)
Parenting Workshop 2: For families with adolescent children (April 2021)
Parenting Workshop 3: For families with concerns for summer plans during COVID-19 (June 2021)
–BC Government Sponsored
Anxiety and Depression Seminars
–Private Company Events (2020 – 2021)
Collaboration with local universities and organizations offering community seminars and workshops.
Interview with Fit for Joy.
Coming soon in 2022!
Book a Session with Me
Please contact me for more information!